I’ve got 20+ tanlines thanks to burning LA traffic, beaches, and FYF. It’s a hard goodbye to summer 2014☀️ #hellodc
My dad somehow convinced me to follow up email with David Ono after months of breached contact and he actually replied! Will be doing a couple projects and would love to meet up in DC later on.
Wow. This man is so great. How does he have time for people like me?
Today was the last day of my internship at the record label. Kinda bummed that I was only there for three months. I was really starting to get the hang of things, but DC awaits.
I’m so motivated to get into the music industry. It’s scary.
Looking at my summer in retrospect I’ve come to realize that this is probably the best summer I’ve had in a long time. I had a job at a shitty coffee bar but it let me do all of these things:
- went to the beach a lot - the waves in Laguna flipped me off my feet when I swam but when else am I gonna live 20 minutes away from one of the best beaches in the nation?
- experienced my first music festival - FYF: an amazing festival that wasn’t a huge fashion show…yet
- ate amazing food - KBBQ, acai bowls, hearty burgers…this is where a lot of my money went to. I try to deny that I’m a foodie but I think going to UCI has made me one
- went on some fun dates - I always get really guilty or embarrassed when a guy drives me or buys my food but the chivalry in it impresses me a lot—and this is based off of “hangouts” with guys who have had me Venmo them money back for things. Now THAT’S awkward.
- kayaked a lot - my friend’s boyfriend works at a kayaking center in Newport which equals $20/hr kayak sessions for free!!
- hung out with my best friends: it was a good decision to live in Irvine and drive back and forth from home to here; I mean, I spent maybe 5+ hours a week driving/in traffic but now that it’s done I think it was worth it
- bar hopped at some really great spots - DTLA, Downtown Fullerton, Long Beach…the best thing about pretty bars is that you don’t have to pay an entrance - you just buy a drink so you don’t look misplaced
- got along with my family really well - I’m at that point where my parents are not my authoritative figures but rather my friends. We’ve had a lot of good talks & I realize that this fall is going to be the first time where I will actually be away from home and not just a 1 hr. drive away
Welp. That’s my reflection. Have yet to do much packing….
my favorite colors
Lolz to when musicians think the intern can get them a record deal
Beautiful Friday in #Laguna😊🐠🏊☀️#westcoast #california (at Montage Laguna Beach)